Friday, May 19, 2006

Something eventful

I've been spending this week at my boyfriend Dave's, trying to get one last paper done before I leave for Italy. I haven't posted because it's been somewhat dull. Something slightly eventful happened last night, but I'll spare you the details. Let's just say we are not impressed with the quality of care in the E.R. at 2 am. Everything is fine now, though we are definitely sleepy as we didn't get home until 5 am.

I wasn't the sick one, I was the one sitting in the waiting room freezing my ass off and wondering what was taking so long. I got a bunch done on my raspberry Koigu sock, but the whole time I was wishing I had a finished pair of socks to put on my frozen toes. It must have been about 60 degrees in there.

I haven't worked on the paper today as it is maliciously boring stuff and I'm tired enough as it is. We watched Willow, which Dave got as a birthday present. His favorite movie, which I'd never seen before. Excellent movie and I've turned the heel and started the gusset shaping on this great little sock. I will post WIP pics as soon as I can.

Knit and Tink commented on my last post:

Florence, Italy! How fun! Isn't it cool to have started knitting before you go so now you have something fun to look for when you are there! My daughter just spent time in Madrid and I kick myself for not asking her to look for sock yarn there!

Yes, I am definitely glad to have something to look for while I'm in Italy. Last summer I spent some time in Germany and found a really neat cotton tape in a department store (the department stores are FABULOUS--think Dillard's-does-Walmart). There was a yarn store in my little suburb but I didn't make it there until the end, and didn't have a chance to buy any yarn. Not making that mistake this year!

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2006 5:34 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Yeah, don't make the mistake again....go to the yarn stores first! Then you can go back. :) Hope all is well!

 
At 5/24/2006 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your blog through knitters review - it is okay to be a sheep - i am working on being one too - re germany - you can always buy sock yarn at the local edeka (grocery store) - wonder if you can in italy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home