Friday, May 18, 2007

I got meme'd

AuntieAnn has tagged me with the "8 random facts," so here I go. I think I avoided doing this one (despite being repeatedly tagged) back when it was only 5 things, so I guess my punishment is having to figure out even more stuff to say.

Rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.

2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.

3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Ok, here goes:

1) Two of my bottom teeth are still baby teeth. The adult ones never showed up. I am supposed to be taking good care of them, but somehow they manage to get cavities anyway. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they were supposed to have fallen out like 15 years ago. Also, I have no bottom wisdom teeth, and the top ones are too small to matter.

2) It's been a while since I mentioned this, but I'm a fencer. That's kind of weird, isn't it? I haven't competed in a tournament in almost two years, but before I stopped I managed to get a pretty decent national rating. And my senior year in college, I made it to the top tier at collegiate nationals.

3) I have wanted to teach history since 10th grade--thanks Mr. Hardaway! Before that I wanted to be an architect for several years, and actually spent a lot of time drawing up floor plans. Then I took geometry and hated it, and decided not to be an architect.

4) When I was trying to choose between two rival colleges (Texas A&M and the University of Texas) my senior year, I told everybody I was going to base it on the outcome of the big football game. In reality, I based it on the due dates for their honors program applications. This is probably lucky, because A&M lost that year and the five years after that. But we beat 'em in 06! Whoop!

5) I have never broken a bone in my body, but I once broke my best friend's arm. (It was an accident I sweeeeeeaaaaaaaaaar!)

6) When I was a baby I understood Spanish (too young to speak it though) and in elementary school I knew a decent amount of Japanese (we lived there), but I can't speak either of these languages to save my life anymore. I do know French, German and Italian, though.

7) In high school I was really into Anne Rice's vampires, and I even named my car the Mustang Lestie after Lestat. It was a volvo, not a mustang. My best friend followed suit and called her car the Tom Cruiser, cause, you know, Lestat was played by Tom Cruise... This was before Tom Cruise got all creepy and crazy, of course.

8) Since then I have driven a VW Beetle named the Stealthbug (all black) and a Civic named Arthur Robinson, after the guy in the Counting Crows song "St. Robinson in his Cadillac Dream." I always forget to call the new car Arthur, but I think naming cars is important.

I can't bring myself to pick on specific people, but if you're in the Sock in a Day Challenge consider yourself tagged!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2007 12:55 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Thanks for playing! Good thing you linked my name to someone else's blog, though, they'll never find me! Mwahaha!

I used to name my cars, but I stopped. Don't know why. And I used to want to be an architect. In my case, I was discouraged by not being able to draw.

 
At 5/21/2007 9:49 PM , Blogger knitty_kat said...

I like reading meme's but I think I would avoid participating as well. You did a great job though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home