Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More on the mittens

The mittens are still pinned to the ironing board where we last saw them. Auntieanne and Pam wanted to know:

"What are you mattress stitching? What selvage? They look to be knitted in the round. Not that I'm an expert on the questions you ask, but I'm a little puzzled by the questions."

The mittens were knit flat (against my better judgment, but that's what the pattern said). I knit the first and last stitch of every row so that the selvedges are in garter. I did decide to ignore the pattern's instructions to knit the thumb flat and then seam that up, because I'm rather good at knitting in the round and rather unpracticed in the art of seaming, plus it was a really awkward place for a seam anyway. So anyway, this seam needs to be put up the edge opposite the thumb.

School has started and seriously diminished my knitting time. I have also come up against a rather obnoxious gauge barrier that means I cannot start on my sweater until i do some math.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 1:19 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

So how's that mitten project coming along? I'm all in suspense.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home