Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We're off to see the Harlot!

Expect an update tonight or tomorrow. The Yarn Harlot is coming to town today! Or, well, to be more accurate she is coming to a suburb way on the North side of town. Fortunately for me, I have knitting friends now, and I will be riding up with at least one, maybe two.

The super-organized organizers are giving out tickets for the book signing, so we know where we have to stand in line (hopefully this will prevent a big rush, which could be very dangerous with all those knitting needles around). I went up on Friday to get some tickets and came home with yarn for three Christmas projects. I cast on immediately for the first one, modeled here by Banjo the Wood Boy.



I'll be knitting on that tonight. I'm almost done with the heel now. These are a surprise Christmas gift for someone who almost never reads my blog, but I won't say who just in case. The yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in "DF Green," a bit darker than the pic shows. She uses Louet Gems as her base yarn, so y'all know how much I love it. Oddly, though, the yarn is shedding bluey-purple dye all over me. Any thoughts on how to set it?

Houston knitters, if you're gonna be at the Harlot tonight, look for me! I'll be wearing the Venezia pullover, damn the 96 degree heat index!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9/18/2007 1:37 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

Liz, I was having trouble with another yarn bleeding on my hands and needles, but when talking to the person who dyed it, she assured me that it would not bleed on my feet and she was right. She said not to bother with using the vinegar rinse...but then another hand dyer says to soak your socks in as hot water as you can stand, inside out, with vinegar and let it cool. So there are 2 schools of thought for you. :)
I'm jealous. Every time I have planned to see the Yarn Harlot, something has happened to prevent me from going. I hope you have a GREAT time!
I hope Venezia shows up on her blog, I'll be watching!

 
At 9/18/2007 3:06 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I second the vinegar approach. I used some red yarn a while back that was terrible and the vinegar bath did the trick.

Have fun with the Harlot!

 
At 9/18/2007 10:08 PM , Blogger Plum Texan said...

The sweater looked awesome! Thanks again for carpooling. :)

 
At 9/19/2007 5:48 AM , Blogger Meredith said...

Last night was very fun! I hope I didn't get in the way of your gorgeous sweater in the picture. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home