Sunday, January 28, 2007

Almost no knitting developments

I ought to apologize now. For the next month or so, there probably won't be much interesting knitting content around here.

First, there are the sock swap socks for Jr. Mints over at the knittyboard. These are gorgeous and fun, but as Jr Mints and I have agreed to make the socks a surprise, I won't be able to show you any pictures until she's received hers. Get excited around the end of February.

Second, there's Venezia. Venezia is beautiful. Venezia is fun to work on.

Venezia is freaking slow.

I cast on for the body on January 11. In two and a half weeks, I have knit almost four inches of this sweater. I know Eunny did the whole sweater in five days, but I am not Eunny, and I must devote the majority of my energies to school right now. Sadly.

I started a third project, but I haven't been working on it much. I got Victorian Lace Today which is an absolutely fabulous book (lovelovelovelove) and started making a little scarf based on one of their patterns.

I got this yarn from Etsy last year and have wanted to do something lacy with it for a long time. This will someday be the "easy lace scarf," one of the first patterns in the book. Until then (and probably long after) it will look like I have a purple and silver cat who is particularly fond of shedding all over my lap.

If somebody could direct me to the origin of this meme I'd appreciate it. A knitter who might be named Kat started it, but I closed the window before I could link to it. They want to see your desktop background. Here's mine:

Florence from San Miniato

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain working on something you can't post photos of. Your Venezia is looking absolutely gorgeous. You make me want to try Fair Isle NOW (even though I probably won't actually get a chance until fall).

 
At 1/29/2007 10:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are all three lovely photos! Tres belle (sorry, no appropriate Italian phrases are at my command).

I have two starts to my attempt at a Mermaid sock, both are the wrong size. Drat.

 
At 1/29/2007 7:25 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

even though venezia is going slow for you, it looks amazing. so just keep chugging along!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home