Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas Gifts, part I

It will take two posts to properly show off the knitting-related Christmas gifts I gave and received, and I'm gonna be greedy and show off the stuff I got first. Fear not, you will *eventually* see pictures of Dad's socks and Mom's scarf-sized Clapotis.

Several awesome family members helped me instantly double the size of my stash:

Four skeins of the pretty brown and light blue stuff, that fun bright boucle which just screams "Baby blanket!" (must find a baby) and two skeins of a boucle yarn. Two 300-gram skeins of boucle. OMG. Each one is bigger than my head! I measured, and it's 13 inches across and over 18 inches around. My home church is going to be starting a Prayer Shawl ministry soon and I think each of these will make a pretty generous shawl. Yay!

Mom gave me a couple of awesome treats:

Two skeins of DK weight Alpaca in a natural alpaca color. Really, really gorgeous stuff and buttery soft. It's actually a lot of yarn and I'm thinking hat and scarf or mittens.

The real prize:

All the yarn a girl needs to make the Venezia pullover in Winter 06 Interweave Knits her own. Squee! This sweater is SO much fun. Early into the knitting Dave decided it looked like a snout with wooly tongue:

I decided to do the sleeve-as-gauge-swatch thing, which allowed me to get right to the good stuff. As you can see, I certainly have:

Don't worry, I will post *plenty* more pictures of this as work continues. I'm in love.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 1/03/2007 5:52 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Look at all that yummy yarn! You are sooo lucky! Can't wait to see what you make with it all!

 
At 1/03/2007 9:04 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

the sleeves look great!!! you sure got yarn lucky this past Christmas!

 
At 1/04/2007 2:00 AM , Blogger Nell said...

Oh wow, lets all bow to you! That pattern looks AMAZING! Go you!! Beautiful work.

 
At 1/04/2007 5:51 AM , Blogger Susie H said...

Ok. GORgeous!!!! That Venezia is stunning - you are an amazing knitter, lady!

 
At 1/04/2007 7:21 AM , Blogger knottygnome said...

wow! those sleeves are looking fabulous so far.

 
At 1/04/2007 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope to try colorwork like that this year. Yours is looking awesome!

(Love the brown and blue yarn too!)

 
At 1/05/2007 10:04 AM , Blogger Thea said...

I can't wait to see this one done, it's gorgeous! And you even stayed with the same colors. - have fun!

 
At 1/06/2007 1:46 PM , Blogger noricum said...

That sweater is lovely! I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it, though! ;)

 
At 1/07/2007 2:58 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

liz, that sweater is gorgeous, and so incredibly beautiful! it makes argyle look like child's play!

 
At 1/10/2007 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Venezia sweater is looking really good so far! This is totally on my to-knit list, once I become a fair-isle master. Are you using the called-for yarn?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home