Thursday, November 16, 2006

picture-stravaganza

Wonderful things have been working their way into my home. I went to Target yesterday and found a needle case!



Ok, it's technically a case for makeup brushes, but it was THREE DOLLARS! Squeee! Someday when I have moneys I'd like to buy one that is actually big enough for my straight needles, but for now I'm way more organized than I used to be!



Here is is rolled up. What's that in the foreground, you ask? Why, it's my new Yarn Pirate! It showed up in the mail yesterday. OMG, I love this stuff so much.

So I went to my favorite LYS today to show it off (in the hopes that Mary Charles will finally carry lots of sock yarn) and we talked a little more about me knitting another store sample. So now this has come home with me:



She wants a very simple black pullover to wear around the shop and display when she isn't wearing it. This is Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande and I'm knitting it significantly looser than the recommended gauge, and it has just the most fabulous drape. Lovelovelove. The pattern she gave me calls for a much chunkier yarn and I'm getting 2.5 SPI instead of 2, but I think I can do some Maths and make a sweater that fits. I may see what it looks like on the next needle size up, too, and see if I get gauge with that.

Dad's socks are chugging along and look totally awesome. I think you guys will like these.



Sorry it's blurry, but use your imagination! I love how this angle hides the fact that the sock is at least a full inch longer than my foot and the toe is floppy.

7 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 4:53 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/16/2006 6:11 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The main point is...you have a needle case, and it was $3!! I need to get one myself, especially for my dpns.

Love the yarn...can't wait to see pics of it knitted up!

 
At 11/17/2006 7:26 AM , Blogger knottygnome said...

i hope that the yarn shop is cold.

i used baby alpaca grande to make a scarf for my roommate. and to be fair, i made it in june, but that stuff is HOT HOT HOT. it will make a very thermal sweater.

 
At 11/17/2006 10:41 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

I love the needle case....and the yarn... and can't wait to see how the sweater comes out. How do you do it? I am really trying to get knitting again, made 2 Fetching wristers, one on a 6 and one on a 7 needle but not sure which I like best. I am making some men's bed socks for a charity concert, too. Simple, mindless knitting, but knitting nonethe less. :)

 
At 11/18/2006 10:43 AM , Blogger Susie H said...

What a find your "needle case" is - that's terrific! Did you notice how well it tones with that groovy new yarn??

 
At 11/22/2006 4:49 AM , Blogger Nell said...

I love the needle case! We were gutted when we couldn't find Target in NY. It was mentioned in one of our Style magazines the week we went!

In answer to your question, we clip the horses in winter (which sounds backwards I know!) becuase otherwise when you exercise them they sweat so much they run the risk of chilling afterwards. So, we then have to subsitute his natural coat with big Pyjamas and raincoats!

 
At 12/09/2006 8:39 AM , Blogger Windansea said...

Love that needle case!! Shoot - I was just at Target yesterday.....I'll have to look next time! Lydia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home