Thursday, October 26, 2006

Saruman is building an army



My bear army is growing. You can see the makings of Bear #4 here. I just finished the faces of bears 2 and 3. I did Lumpy's about a week ago and then brought him around to my friends to ask their opinions ("does this look loveable or pathetic?"). They liked him, and his name, and the other two bears got names- bear 2, on the left, is the Everybear, and the bear on the right is the Carebear. I don't really have the time or energy to embroider a little heart or whatever for Carebear, so he'll just have to pretend that he can shoot lasers out of his belly.

An additional recipient has been added to the list, which is why I'm working on #4. I think I'm just going to keep making these until I run out of yarn because they're so easy and I think they'll make good gifts. Now that Lumpy has a face I am so in love with him and glad he's staying with me. I'm pretty smitten with all the bears, but Lumpy, in his misshapen glory, is my favorite. Maybe it's an underdog thing.

I have a finished object to report as soon as I can get some good pics. Sexy kneesocks!

I also started my dad's Christmas present, a pair of socks (to sleep in) in a lovely brown Cherry Tree Hill. So everything on my needles is brown, now that the kneesocks are done. Dad has agreed to make the great sacrifice of not reading my blog between now and Christmas so I can show y'all progress pics. These are my first two-at-a-time socks, woo hoo!

5 Comments:

At 10/26/2006 9:39 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

I love them!

 
At 10/26/2006 10:03 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

they are so cute!!

 
At 10/27/2006 10:27 AM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

So cute, those bears! And congrats on finishing the kneesocks, can't wait to see them.

 
At 10/27/2006 8:10 PM , Blogger Alliesw said...

Love those bears--and they do look good lined up with the pumpkin. And kneesocks...the final frontier of sock knitting! Can't wait to see them!

 
At 10/29/2006 2:59 PM , Blogger Triona said...

He he he- LOL at bear army. I think I need a bear army too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home