Monday, September 25, 2006

This post brought to you by Duracell

Hi everybody! I bought batteries! This means I can finally show you pictures!

First off, the socks are coming along nicely. With just one week left in September, I can now guarantee that I'll still be working on these when Socktober comes around.



I've just started the leg increases. If only I could figure out how to take good closeup shots, so I could show you the lovely way I've snuck them into the lace pattern. I will be needing quite a few increases, because my chosen sport (fencing) has given me big buff calves.

Laid flat, it looks like a nice, simple sweater:



But put it on, and it's smokin hot even if you have just written a paper and spent two days locked inside your apartment and have done absolutely nothing to your face and hair!



Still quite a ways to go on the body--I think I probably ought to make it long enough to fit my (obviously pretty low) jeans, then the sleeves. I JUST added the third ball of yarn- the sweater calls for five. I wonder how much the sleeves will eat up? Maybe I can have a matching hat!

2 Comments:

At 9/25/2006 8:59 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Those are both really great! I especially like the lace pattern on the socks, which are a beautiful yarn. And the sweater is going to be gorgeous, something you'll be able to wear a lot.

Fencing, huh? Sounds interesting!

 
At 9/26/2006 6:57 PM , Blogger Alliesw said...

The socks are beautiful! The energizer bunny of sock knitting--that's my model!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home