Sunday, September 17, 2006

Socktoberfest

I just joined Socktoberfest. It isn't a real knitalong, it's a celebration of socks! I think my koigu kneesocks are about as festive as you can get. Plus, once they're done I may be knitting a pair of kneesocks for boyfriend, whose superbuff fencing calves will probably require lots of yarn.

In other news I have STARTED THE SWEATER. It's Licorice Whip by Blue Alvarez designs. I made the collar quite a bit bigger--because I could no longer wait until my Knitpicks order came in with the right size DPNs. I was going to cast on using those and switch to the circular once I had enough stitches (it's a top-down raglan that grows a lot in the yoke), but I decided that I love boatnecks! and skipped right on ahead. The collar rolls a lot so I'm thinking about my options there, but the yarn is sooooo soft and feels great. This sweater is going to be a wardrobe staple, I can tell you that.

I've finished the yoke. The sleeves are now on waste yarn and I'm soon going to start zipping away on the body. Very exciting.

6 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 7:58 AM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Big news, Liz -- I turned a heel! I'm in the gusset-decreasing phase. Alert the media! I was prepared not to like this heel, but I love it, and it has no holes. I'll take and post a pic later. How's your toe-up sock coming?

 
At 9/18/2006 5:17 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Liz, since you're a Socktoberfest celebrant and fiber goddess, may I ask you how you wash your hand-knit socks that are supposed to be machine washable? I have worn my
first pair until washing is now inevitable, and am making several pairs to give away for Xmas, and it is hitting me that "machine washable" is a pathetic label -- what cycle? what temp? how to dry? Questions, questions.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Ann

 
At 9/18/2006 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a too cool sweater liz I think it would look so nice on you:) I enjoy reading your blog

Ileana

 
At 9/19/2006 7:16 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Hey! Thanks for sticking with me during my absence!
You have been up to a lot, have had fun catching up. Love those blue socks.
The yarn you were asking about is this:
http://www.angoravalley.com/yarns/augustht.jpg
Her picture is a little dark.

 
At 9/20/2006 1:09 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I made my Dad a keyhole scarf (I used a reversible pattern anyway, natch). He saw one in a store and thought it was the most amazing thing ever! So I whipped one up, with a long slit as you described.

 
At 9/21/2006 11:43 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

I can't wait to see your sweater... mindless knitting really has a place, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home