Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Knitter profile

I've recently gotten into the Lime & Violet podcast, which y'all should definitely check out because those gals are so funny. They have a message board that is super fun. Look for me as Aggie Epee.

Somebody posted one of those quizzy things, and I thought I'd post it here. Blog buddies, you should do these too!

Favorite item to knit: Anything with an interesting pattern

Least favorite item to knit: Anything involving that really skinny novelty yarn

Preferred yarns: Love the Koigu and Mission Falls 1824 Wool. Anything else made of natural fibers, unless those natural fibers are hairs from hairy moley guy.

Needle preference (material, type, size, etc.): I tend to knit with bamboo dpns.

Do you use gauge swatches? yup, and they always piss me off.

Do you spin?: no

If so, what kind of spindle or wheel do you use?

Tell us about your knitting bag(s): I've got a felted bag holding what will someday be a sweater (still waiting on the right size needles). My current projects and notions live in a big wool bag I bought in Mexico

# of projects currently on your needles: one in progress (koigu kneesocks), one UFO (damn you moebius), and a granny square afghan that I'm in no hurry to finish.

Do you KIP? of course, whenever they let me out in public

Do you knit at red lights? no, but the lights in this town are so long I bet I could get a lot more done.

Favorite knitting book: Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. Knitting AND history!

Last knitting related item you purchased: Big ol order from Knitpicks: 2 circular needles for socks, size 9 dpns for a sweater, sock yarn and some worsted wool of the andes.

Next knitting related item you plan to purchase: Maybe some options needles

Organs you are willing to sell to pay for all this stuff: I dunno, I could probably steal a mouse brain set in plastic from my boyfriend the neuroscientist. How much do you think that would go for?

Continental or English: english

Toe up or top down: trying my first toe ups. we'll see.

Most unique thing you ever knit: For Christmas last year I had a good mix of crazy phone cozies for all my loved ones. The two best were the fair isle fencing cozy with crossed swords and little fencers, and the monster cozy- orange wool and novelty fuzz, with a button made of a googly eye.

Most you would spend for one skein of yarn: $30

How you learned to knit: My mom taught me when I was just a wee bairn.

How long you have been knitting: 15 years from that day to now, about, and 6 years more consistently. But I have only been an obsessive knitter for about a year and a half.

Needle storage system: Some bag. But I wrote them all down in my knitting journal to guide me on my furious diggings.

Yarn storage system: A little plastic dresser. My stash is not enormous, though I am working on changing that.

2 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 3:31 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

What's up with your moebius? Me, I love those things, I've made 3 and will hopefully make a 4th before Xmas.

 
At 9/14/2006 2:11 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

On the darning eggs -- Did you know that the narrow handle can also be used to darn the fingers of gloves (as if)? I forget where I picked up that little piece of info, but the handle on the brown painted one has sure taken a bit of abuse, quite possibly from darning gloves. So has the other end, for that matter, but it's still quite lovely. I still think the coolest one is the red one that's shaped like the toe-end of your foot (no glove-darning can be done with that one, though, darn it).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home