Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Monkey socks, "Monkey" socks, and a sock in a tree

I like monkeys. I mean, what's not to like about monkeys? They're smart, they're funny, and in cartoon form they are oh-so-cute.

Knitty has a pattern for some Monkey socks. I saw them, and thought "those are nice, but I already have some Monkey socks."


I finished all my Christmas knitting and *finally* got a crack at the Yarn Pirate yarn I won in Socktoberfest. I tried a couple of things and decided that this yarn wanted to be some monkey socks.


Sure enough! And oh man, talk about an addiction. It's really, really hard to put these down, which is bad because I HAVE TO FINISH A PAPER BY TOMORROW! *dies.*

P.S. I hope someday soon that they come up with the technology so you guys can grope my knitting over the internet. Squishy soft!

With the sun out, and all, I got a picture of another of my eensy weensy FO's. Isn't this adorable?


You may recognize the koigu from my kneesocks. This 24-stitch wonder took almost no time to knit. If I hadn't been so anxious to get crackin on my pretty pretty monkeys I would have made enough for the whole tree, but alas I have only the two little circs. I think I will make a tree's worth for next year. I like the idea of doing like six at once on 2 circs so you have a bunch of eensy socks hanging off the needles at once.

It's a little tree, it won't take very many.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 11:01 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

That was a cute post! You had me so impressed that you were going to fill a tree with socks. :) Love your monkey socks!

 
At 12/20/2006 7:21 AM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I love the sock in the tree, and your Monkey socks (bought and on your leg), and that yarn -- no one will fail to notice your socks when you wear those! Good luck with your paper. I finally am shipping my final package of hand-knits for Xmas to SoCal today. Click-n-Ship, yay!

 
At 12/20/2006 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sock ornament! Can you actually put things inside? I think a tree full of all different colors of mini socks would be so cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home