Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bonus: Calorimetry Mods

Yes, I did modify Calorimetry. This pattern has come out much too big for a lot of people, and I definitely didn't want that. I was knitting when I should've been doing other stuff, so I wanted it to come out right the first time. You know, so I didn't waste the time I was already wasting.

I already knew I'd want to resize it anyway, as the pattern is for a 24" head and mine's only 22.5". It turns out that I have no straight or circular US 8s, so I used a US 9. I cast on 108 stitches instead of the pattern's 120, and it's loose but not too loose. I did the same number of repeats, though, because I did want it to be kind of wide. The yarn is Brown Sheep Company Lamb's Pride, in a skein I have used for four small projects now and just can't seem to get rid of.



At 2/01/2007 7:55 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Thanks for the mods!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home