Liz, Liz, quite contrary
Ok, that totally doesn't rhyme, but I'm about to do the meme I found over at Indigo Mouse, and I just don't feel like a Mary!
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
Under each category, the first item should be something negative (you dislike something that most others like) and the second item should be something positive (you like something that most others don’t). Obviously there are going to be some people in the world who agree with us, but it is all relative. These are things that make you feel different from others around you in your daily life.
1. I can't abide mayonnaise
2. Unlike most Americans I have met, I prefer milk chocolate to dark
1. I think Sex and the City is lame
2. I do enjoy the occasional Star Trek episode (mostly NG)
1. I think treadmills are pointless. You never get anywhere!
2. I fence. I play with swords and consider bruises to be trophies
1. Who the hell brought the high waist back!?!
2. I consider flip flops to be perfectly acceptable dress shoes
1. I read for a living, so I haven't read for fun in over a year
2. I like reading Karl Marx
1. I listen to metal, but I hate Metallica
2. When I sing along to my metal or rock or whatever, I do so in my best choir-trained soprano voice
1. I don’t stash
2. I prefer to make up my own patterns rather than follow others' designs
1. I think my couch is ugly, but no one else does.
2. I think toads make good pets
And since I hate to leave y'all without a picture, here's my brother "helping" me set up my bookshelf.