Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Liz, Liz, quite contrary

Ok, that totally doesn't rhyme, but I'm about to do the meme I found over at Indigo Mouse, and I just don't feel like a Mary!

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Under each category, the first item should be something negative (you dislike something that most others like) and the second item should be something positive (you like something that most others don’t). Obviously there are going to be some people in the world who agree with us, but it is all relative. These are things that make you feel different from others around you in your daily life.

Food/drinks:
1. I can't abide mayonnaise
2. Unlike most Americans I have met, I prefer milk chocolate to dark

Pop culture:
1. I think Sex and the City is lame
2. I do enjoy the occasional Star Trek episode (mostly NG)

Activities:
1. I think treadmills are pointless. You never get anywhere!
2. I fence. I play with swords and consider bruises to be trophies

Fashion:
1. Who the hell brought the high waist back!?!
2. I consider flip flops to be perfectly acceptable dress shoes

Authors/books:
1. I read for a living, so I haven't read for fun in over a year
2. I like reading Karl Marx

Music:
1. I listen to metal, but I hate Metallica
2. When I sing along to my metal or rock or whatever, I do so in my best choir-trained soprano voice

Knitting:
1. I don’t stash
2. I prefer to make up my own patterns rather than follow others' designs

Random:
1. I think my couch is ugly, but no one else does.
2. I think toads make good pets

I'm tagging everybody!

And since I hate to leave y'all without a picture, here's my brother "helping" me set up my bookshelf.

4 Comments:

At 2/08/2007 3:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Metallica thing!
Your brother looks like he's a big help. :)

 
At 2/08/2007 8:21 AM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Sorry, but I think your couch is ugly, too.

 
At 2/08/2007 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun to read yours!

I like that bookcase...

 
At 2/26/2007 7:22 AM , Blogger lesley said...

i love that bookshelf where did you find it! oh, and i wandered over from browsing at the F.I. blog if you were wondering who the stranger is :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home