Thursday, February 15, 2007

Loot

I got a package! Jr. Mints (blogless) is a freakin' awesome swap buddy!



The loot: bar of Lindt milk chocolate (mmmmm) and eight Lindor truffles... no wait, seven... no, wait six... where are they all going and why are all these wrappers in my trash can?

Plus a very pretty card, a nifty little item for keeping track of my needles (thank goodness, as I have been tiring of the old system of "rummage around in the needle bag"), and some Bee Bar lotion... hang on, let me test it... ooh, very nice for my grody cuticles. And YARN! It's Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Purple Mountain. Sadly I couldn't get a very good picture of the color, but I'll experiment some more once I start knitting with it. It's really gorgeous and sooo soft. A friend of mine was knitting up some bearfoot recently, and now I can't wait to get it on my feet.

But the best part?


The socks! I'm not sure what yarn she used, but it appears to be a 2-ply, very similar in its base to Koigu or Cherry Tree Hill. Again, the color isn't perfect here, I'd say it's less pink and more red. Is it just me, or are socks warmer the first time you wear them? Maybe I'm just so excited that all the blood is rushing to my feet?

While we're having an actual knitting post, wanna see my Venezia progress? I knew you did.


It isn't much, as I've been knitting on the swap socks for the lovely and talented Jr. Mints, but I think it has been a while since I posted a picture.

It looks like a lot less when you can see how much I'm missing. Sigh. At least I have the sleeves done, though, right?


Bouquet update: There were two lilies that hadn't opened yet when the flowers first arrived. Two days later, the bouquet looks even better now! Dave gets even more boyfriend points!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2/15/2007 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I sent you an email with all the deets, I thought I'd leave a comment here, in case anyone else wanted to know about the yarn used for the socks, etc.

Claudia Handpainted was the yarn of choice. It's 100% merino and very nice. I hadn't used it before, but I will definitely use it again. The color is Just Plum which I would consider a nearly solid. It has some nice variations in color, but there was no need for me to worry about pooling.

It was so much fun to make the socks and I'm so glad you like them, Liz. I know mine will be beautiful and they are well-worth the wait.

 
At 2/15/2007 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, the Bearfoot yarn is awesome. I've made two pairs of socks with the stuff, and I just bought another skein... Also, your Venezia sweater is looking gorgeous!

 
At 2/15/2007 9:43 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Kudos to Jr. Mints for putting together an awesome-looking package and knitting such beautiful socks!

The Venezia is coming along -- I'm impressed every time I see your knitting progress on it.

 
At 2/16/2007 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Venezia looks awesome! You've got real talent, too, to be able to prop up two sleeves AND take a photo of yourself. Actually, I kind of like it with the waist and two sleeves. If you get bored, you can always just sew what you have onto a shirt. ;)

Love the socks as well. Way to go Jr. Mints!

 
At 2/17/2007 4:08 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

venezia is going to be so rockin' when it's done. I mean, it's already rockin' but it's going to be amazing!!! awesome about the goodies from jr. mints too! the socks look great! :)

 
At 2/18/2007 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love bearfoot, I have made 2 pairs of socks with it, and it is by far my favorite.
Your sweater is looking great!

 
At 2/20/2007 8:18 AM , Blogger Emilee said...

I'm impressed that you're tackling Venezia, it looks like it's coming along nicely!

 
At 2/22/2007 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh... that sweater is going to be so beautiful!

I've never used Claudia's Handpainted, although I've visited with it many times at Twisted Yarns. I *adore* Bearfoot yarn - it is so wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home