Sunday, October 14, 2007

Something for me

My Christmas knitting list is very ambitious this year, but it is on hold for now because dangit, I want a cardigan!

The Equestrian Blazer has been frogged once and for all and is now on its way to becoming something else entirely:



A top-down, raglan sleeve cardigan that may slightly resemble the Glampyre Minisweater, but without the ruffled edge or the puffed sleeves and regular-cardigan length. Basically the only resemblance will be in the cast-on numbers, the garter edges, and the neckline (but that's got mods of its own). So far I'm a lot happier with this than I was with the first two renditions of this yarn. Will the third time be the charm?

I should also say that Ravelry was a huge help here. I would not make a sweater like the one in the Glampyre pattern. But if you look up the dozens of Minisweaters on Ravelry, many people have omitted the puffed sleeves and the edging doesn't appear at all. I certainly won't be the first one to make it full length, either. And I noticed that the less busty girls wound up having to put two buttons on (think double-breasted jackets) because the increases were too much, so I modified the neckline increases for a sweater more suited to my smaller chest.

Tom's gauntlets are looking more awesome, but are slightly stalled because he wants the arms two inches longer than they came out, so I'll need to modify the pattern some to add two inches worth of swirly comet tail.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10/14/2007 4:11 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Those are both awesome!

 
At 10/14/2007 8:11 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

gosh, can I rent you to do some knitting? lol
beautiful!

 
At 10/14/2007 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the third incarnation of that yarn! It's looking great so far...

 
At 10/15/2007 7:31 AM , Blogger ssailorss said...

You could also add some waist shaping to make it a bit more fitted, which is what I'm doing in mine.

those arm warmers are looking great! makes me want to do some more fair isle

 
At 10/17/2007 5:26 PM , Blogger Rebel said...

very cool gauntlets!

 
At 10/21/2007 9:05 AM , Blogger Meredith said...

That will look great! I'm a little afraid to try the Equestrian Blazer now with all of the trouble people have had.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home