Thursday, October 04, 2007

What have I been working on?

It feels like I haven't been doing much knitting lately, but somehow I still have tons to show off. Mostly, I've been knitting socks.

-Big socks on tiny needles


(Those same Christmas present socks, nearly to the heel turn on #2 right now)

-Tiny socks on tiny needles


(Finished the purple one recently, the turquoise one has already been given away, and I plan to give the purple one away soon. I'll never make it to a full Christmas tree at this rate!)

-Big sock on big needles


(Hopefully this will be Dave's Christmas stocking, but there may not be enough yarn for a decent-sized stocking, in which case I plan to frog and make myself a hat. Oh, and these "big needles" are 13s and they feel SO weird after using 1s)

-Tiny sock on big needles


(Little Sky Sock from New Pathways for Sock Knitters, I used the wrong sized needles so this one is way too big to serve properly as a baby sock, but whatever.)

I haven't attempted the second learning sock yet, but I'm thinking that the next pair of socks I make will be from this book. I'm curious, I know a few of you have been knitting from her patterns so far, do you use the decreases (edit: I mean INCREASES) she recommends? I didn't really like them.

A big order from Knitpicks came in yesterday and I am muchly pleased. I am now using those new wooden needles on a non-sock project and I *LOVE* them. I also got a set in sock sizes, plus some cable needles for the upcoming cabled afghan.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10/04/2007 2:00 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Can't remember the decreases particularly. But as usual, I may have substituted. Do you actually mean the increases? There are a lot of Kf&b increases, and those "la-linc" and "ra-linc", or whatever she calls them. I'm not sure I'm crazy about Kf&b, but I didn't think too much about it. It may in fact be what works best for the Coriolis socks, I didn't try others. And I think I do actually like the other increases, they're easier to work than what I had been doing (pick up bar, twist and knit). I'll have to take some pix of my finished Coriolis socks and put them up.

 
At 10/04/2007 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to share your tiny sock pattern? I would be so happy if you did. I'm thinking I'd like to steal your idea of having them as gift tags. I could probably figure it out myself, but I'm lazy.

 
At 10/04/2007 10:29 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

I was going to ask about the tiny sock pattern, too.

I wish I felt like I didn't do a lot of knitting and had a lot to show for it!

I'm curious what decreases you mean.

 
At 10/05/2007 3:20 AM , Blogger Susie H said...

Oooh, I like the look of the Big Socks on Little Needles yarn - very subtle, very nice. Love the teeny weeny socks. I made one when I was active on the KnitList years ago, to wear at Stitches. I might try another teensy one or two. Earrings?

 
At 10/06/2007 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst... you can't cover the tree if you keep giving them away!

Hmmm. Can I Magic Loop tiny socks?

 
At 10/26/2007 6:09 PM , Blogger eleKtrofly said...

nice aggie ring.

mine got lost in the pedernales river...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home