Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baudelaire arrives

Heather/Jr. Mints has received her socks, so I can reveal them at last:


It's the Baudelaire pattern from Knitty!

This pattern is beautiful. Complicated, but totally worth it.


The first picture is probably truer to the color than this one, but you gotta show off the details!

At some point I hope to have pics of the socks on Heather's feet, which are slightly larger than mine (but only just, which helps when you're trying to size stuff). I added some calf shaping to the socks, adding a total of eight stitches into the purl sections bordering each cable. This is a good pattern for sneaking stuff like that in, but I don't think you could do more than two increase rounds.

In other news, I have cast on for Roza's Socks from the Spring IK using the yarn Heather sent me.

Again the color is off, these are much darker and bluer. The Roza's pattern has a brioche stitch, though I'm not 100% clear on what that means. There's a subtle something going on in the purl parts of the ribbing. It's not even clear what's going on in IK's picture, but if you like ribbed socks with a little interest you should try this pattern. It adds a nice texture but doesn't distract from the really subtle variegation of the gorgeous Bearfoot.

And we mustn't forget Venezia:

It's probably about an inch longer than it looks here, thanks to that curling at the top. I am now exactly one pattern repeat from the armpits. I am still so in love with this sweater. Every time I leave it somewhere and then glance at it, I'm just amazed that something like that came out of my hands. Makes me feel giddy.

In other news, there have been yarn acquisitions. I'll post about it later.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2/27/2007 5:45 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

What gorgeous work -- all three of those. Must have been hard to hold back on showing us the Baudelaire!

 
At 2/27/2007 8:38 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

oh my word. your venezia is amazing. I would look at it in amazement myself too!!! you have done an incredible job so far. your baudelaire socks are simply gorgeous. ;)

 
At 2/28/2007 6:49 AM , Blogger Stickyfingers said...

wow, that is an amazing sweater! Can't wait to see it finished!

 
At 2/28/2007 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoo! baudelaire looks gorgeous -- lucky Heather! :)

also, Venezia looks absolutely fantastic! I love that sweater. You are chugging away at it! :)

 
At 3/02/2007 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Venezia looks great! I can't wait to see it when it's done.

MCYC is having a sale this weekend. Are you going?

 
At 3/02/2007 10:27 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I love those baudelaire socks--what a beautiful job! The venezia is incredible!!!

 
At 3/05/2007 9:36 AM , Blogger Deepa said...

Venezia looks picture perfect! The socks are so pretty, I would probaby have framed them and used as wall art!

 
At 3/05/2007 1:43 PM , Blogger Bear Knits said...

Those are killer socks! Venezia will be smashing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home