Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Who won a tiny pair of socks?

Ann of Clumberknits won a tiny pair of socks!

(I assigned everybody who finished their socks a number, then used the random number generator from random.org to select the winner)

Here's a picture of the pair I made for Auntie Ann last month:


See that quarter for scale? Yup, they're tiny!

Possible uses for two socks on a string:
-Bookmark
-Christmas tree ornament
-Hang over doorknob to let muggles know you're knitting
-Hang on rearview mirror as the knitter's answer to fuzzy dice
-Nunchuck to fend off muggles who bug you while you're knitting--a good bonk with a little sock should run them off!
-And much, much more!

Ann/Clumberknits, you get to choose which of my leftover sock yarns you'd like for your two socks on a string.

Options: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Purple Mountain; Koigu in a raspberry semi-solid; Koigu in variegated blues; Yarn Pirate in Punkin Head; Cherry Tree Hill in Bark; Cherry Tree Hill in Burgundy; Knitpicks Essential in Dusk.








Email me your choice or leave it in the comments, and I'll get started! Congratulations again to everybody who finished a sock!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5/22/2007 5:10 PM , Blogger Alliesw said...

Love those teeny tiny sockies! Thanks for motivating us all to see what we could do!

 
At 5/22/2007 5:10 PM , Blogger clumberknits said...

Whee!! Those socks are adorable, and I love the idea of hanging them from the rear view mirror ... so that is what I shall do. I think the variegated blue koigu will look stunning with my gray car interior!

Liz, thank you so much, and thanks for putting this together -- it was just the inspiration I needed to sit down and see how long it actually took me to knit a sock.

Ann

 
At 5/23/2007 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, I love: hang over a doorknob to let muggles know you're knitting!

 
At 5/24/2007 7:10 PM , Blogger knitty_kat said...

I loved all the ideas. LOL! The do not disturb door knob is awesome! LOL. I'm gonna have to make a few pairs of these I think!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home