Sunday, March 25, 2007

Two completed socks does not equal one pair


The colors are pretty close in this pic. I may reknit the toe on the short sock, starting it sooner so there's more white and then tapering it so it isn't quite so pointy at the tip.

This picture actually shows some of the texture on the Roza's Socks. This is the Mountain Colors Bearfoot that Heather, my sock swap partner, sent me. Argh, it's awfully washed out though, isn't it? My legs are practically glowing!


I am utterly fascinated by the Cherry Leaf shawl, which is probably a good thing--I'm using smaller needles than the pattern calls for and may have to add quite a few more repeats. Right now I'm 10 repeats in and have used a little over half of the first skein. Pattern calls for 15, but I'll have to do at least 20.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 3/25/2007 6:00 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

beautiful...just beautiful, Liz!

 
At 3/25/2007 9:27 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Love the shawl -- that's an interesting pattern and lovely yarn. How did you like knitting Roza's socks?

 
At 3/26/2007 4:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love mountain colors? It's my favorite sock yarn.
The shawl looks beautiful!

 
At 3/26/2007 9:28 AM , Blogger Susie H said...

The shawl is GORGEOUS - is the color pretty close to true? I bet you'll enjoy every minute of knitting that one!

 
At 3/26/2007 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging those Roza's socks! I also really like Mountain Colors yarn, they have some gorgeous colors.

 
At 3/27/2007 1:35 AM , Blogger Nell said...

As you may have noticed from my blog, I love knitting shawls like that - you'll get lots of wear! Especially becasue yours looks so beautiful!

 
At 3/27/2007 7:33 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

your shawl looks lovely!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home