Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dirigible Plums

I'm dressing up as Luna Lovegood for Halloween. I've got the scarf, and now I have the earrings.
Luna was wearing what looked like a pair of orange radishes for earrings, a fact that Parvati and Lavender seemed to have noticed, as they were both giggling and pointing at her earlobes.

"You can laugh!" Luna said, her voice rising, apparently under the impression that Parvati and Lavender were laughing at what she had said rather than what she was wearing. "But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!"

"Well, they were right, weren't they?" said Hermione impatiently. There weren't any such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack."

Luna gave her a withering look and flounced away, radishes swinging madly.

-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix



I forgot to include something in the picture for scale, but they're about an inch and a quarter tall and 3/4 of an inch wide.

I didn't have any exclusively orange yarn, so I cut the orange stretches out of my Yarn Pirate Punkin Head yarn. Each radish took two orange stretches, a bit of white undyed knitpicks, and the leaves are from leftovers of those socks I just finished.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 10/30/2007 1:04 PM , Blogger Norm Deplume said...

I cannot wait to see the whole costume put together. Luna is one of my favorite characters.

 
At 10/30/2007 1:28 PM , Blogger Rebel said...

Those are awesome! Luna is really cool.

 
At 10/30/2007 1:36 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I had forgotten the name "Dirigible Plum", but here it is: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dirigible_plum

Those are, without question, the most exquisite dirigible plums that I have ever seen in my entire life. Excellent knitting, as usual.

 
At 10/30/2007 9:19 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

You are so clever.

 
At 10/31/2007 2:15 AM , Blogger Hel Gibbons said...

Bwahahaha.

 
At 10/31/2007 5:44 AM , Blogger Batty said...

Those earrings look fabulous! Pictures of the entire costume, please!

 
At 10/31/2007 7:14 AM , Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute! did you make her crocheted cardigan from the movie too?

 
At 10/31/2007 12:26 PM , Blogger xamonster said...

I'm pretty sure I love your dirigible plums. I never thought to knit them! Excellent work.

 
At 11/01/2007 10:11 AM , Blogger knitty_kat said...

That's so awesome! I can't wait to see the entire thing (please?!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home