Friday, February 29, 2008

Update-o-Rama

As you may or may not have noticed, it's been a long time since I updated. I've been really busy, and my rechargeable batteries gave up the ghost so I couldn't post pictures anymore. So here's what's going on with me.

1) The wedding is a month away! I have a long to-do list but most everything is minor. It's been coming together very well and I'm really looking forward to the big day and being MARRIED! And I got a really cute bathing suit for the honeymoon cruise, so that's taken care of.

2) School stuff is coming along slowly but surely. Nothing interesting to say on that subject, though.

3) Dave is, by far, the best roommate I've ever had. And I've had a lot of roommates, some very good and some very bad. And he's definitely the cutest.

4) The Ivy League Vest is very nearly done. I mean, I am very very close to being done. But it's been in the 80s here, so I'm unmotivated again. I hear there's a cold front coming in this weekend, though, so maybe I'll try to finish it.

Here's what it looked like just before steeking:


I'll have modeled FO shots soon.

5) Because I am a madwoman, I decided to knit little purses for my five bridesmaids. I have the knitting done on 4.5, but haven't done any finishing at all. Well, that's not true, I think I wove in 2 ends. Here are the bags. They're all done in the same linen yarn.











6) Because there's only so much blue linen a girl can stand, I made a pink burp cloth for a friend's baby. I am calling this project "good enough to puke on."


7) In anticipation of finally being done with the bags, I cast on for an afghan for Dave. This is the Sampler Afghan from Cables Untangled, and you knit 26 patches of different sizes, sew them all up, and then knit on a border. This is a marathon project, but I'm loving it so far. I'm using Knitpicks Bare Superwash Merino worsted weight, so it's white and soft and cuddly.

7 Comments:

At 2/29/2008 10:22 AM , Blogger Susie H said...

Liz, how wonderful to see an update! You sound busy and happy, and I love the bridesmaids' bags. What is that top crossed-over sort of stitch? Very cool.

The vest? I am in awe...

 
At 2/29/2008 11:55 AM , Blogger Erin said...

The vest looks AMAzing. And all that gift knitting...seriously, how are you getting it done with a wedding a month away? You are superwoman.

 
At 2/29/2008 3:29 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

That is an amazing amount of knitting, and wonderfully done, too.

I like them all. Interesting how the yarn patterned in the burp cloth. Did you make that happen, or is that just how it happened?

I spotted some of these cute items on Ravelry but was too crazed with work to comment (shouldn't even have been looking).

 
At 3/03/2008 3:12 PM , Blogger Christine Tremoulet said...

Pssst... Engagement Photos have been blogged! Feel free to share, and if you want any photos to post on your blog over here, let me know and I can email them to you in the proper size!

whee!

 
At 3/04/2008 10:57 AM , Blogger Da Gu Ma said...

Thanks....I've been wondering what you were doing.....(just kidding, but it's good to see the projects I've been hearing about). Love, Mom

 
At 3/05/2008 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One month! I remember how hectic it was juggling last minute wedding details.

The vest is awesome. I look forward to the modeled shots. And, the bridesmaids purses are nice! What a wonderful gift to them.

 
At 3/05/2008 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One month! I remember how hectic it was juggling last minute wedding details.

The vest is awesome. I look forward to the modeled shots. And, the bridesmaids purses are nice! What a wonderful gift to them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home