Monday, December 17, 2007

So many socks and sweaters

My little ornaments are getting popular! Several people on Ravelry have posted projects. Wild Tomato made a bunch and had the funniest blog post about them. And yesterday I made it onto Lime and Violet's Daily Chum!

I've been making so many, and they'll soon start leaving, so last week I took some time and made a Flickr gallery. With the exception of two stripey socks, all of these are plain stockinette with no fancy techniques. Imagine what you could do with a little color work or cables. I'll have to try it next year.

I am hard at work on the socks for Dave's mom. I took pictures on Thursday and I was this far along:


By the time I went to bed Friday I'd gotten over half of the second foot done, but I wasn't able to work on them at all over the weekend. I need to get these done tonight so I can mail them off tomorrow, and I think it's perfectly doable.

I love the way the star toe looks, but I don't know if it'll be as comfortable because the purls make a ridge on the inside. Anybody have any experience wearing these socks?

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12/17/2007 7:55 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

The sweater "infestation" is likely to be contagious! Very cute. And the EL socks look great. I doubt the purl stitches will be a problem, but then again I gave mine away so I don't know.

 
At 12/17/2007 8:05 PM , Blogger wildtomato said...

I know how you feel - my house feels empty now that I gave most of my mini sweaters away. I better start making some more!

Thanks again for such a fun pattern!

 
At 12/17/2007 8:07 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

I wasn't able to get as many little ornaments done as I had hoped--good job for finishing so many! And I have worn those socks and haven't had issues with the purl bumps on the toe.

 
At 12/17/2007 8:50 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

I'm so sad, I had some yarn I was going to send you but then that storm hit and my life went off the track. :(

Your ornaments are adorable and your sock is, too. I've heard good things about that toe.

 
At 12/18/2007 8:04 AM , Blogger knottygnome said...

pretty socks! i love that pattern. the pair i knit went to someone else so i can't comment on wear. one day i will get around to making a pair for me.

 
At 12/18/2007 12:11 PM , Blogger JulieB said...

Unfortunately my wearing of this pattern is clouded by the fact that I made them in awful Knitpicks essentials (a very old, scratchy batch). But, apart from that, the toe is perfectly comfortable. The purl ridge is barely noticeable.

 
At 12/21/2007 1:20 PM , Blogger seedless grape said...

Beautiful socks, Liz! I might have to try these for my grandmother's gift (yes, I haven't started). Good luck with your upcoming move!

 
At 12/22/2007 2:19 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I love the socks and I've found they are very comfortable. She'll love them, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home