Sunday, November 11, 2007

The madness continues

I can't stop. And I've branched out a little.


Meet Banjo the Wood Boy, my drawing figure. He's holding the three socks from last post on his left arm and two new socks on his right arm. And I made him a Santa hat.


Yes, in fact, I have become a little obsessed with tiny things. Why do you ask?


Check out the improved version of the mini sweater. I decided to leave the letter off because the attitude really says it all. (The truth is, I pinned that arm down because the arms were just sticking out way too far. I'll have to figure out a way to improve on that for the later versions.)

The bad thing is, I'm running out of sock yarn. I could have a tree full of identical ornaments, but the color palette is neither Christmasy enough nor random enough. So I have a proposal for those of you reading this who go to my SnB. Can I have some of your leftovers? If you bring me some on Thursday, I'll make two socks--one for you, and one for my tree. If I can. If not I will probably fill the void left by your lack of a tiny sock with some chocolate or maybe a candy cane. Sound like a deal?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11/11/2007 5:59 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Any chance that you'll post the perfected sweater pattern when it's perfected? Please?

I love the way you used the cast on tail to make the ornament hanger. I totally stole that idea.

 
At 11/12/2007 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word, that is freakin' adorable!

 
At 11/12/2007 8:44 AM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

How lucky is Banjo? Are those tiny bobbles on the hat??

 
At 11/12/2007 11:44 AM , Blogger knottygnome said...

the santa hat is just too adorable. love it.

 
At 11/12/2007 6:16 PM , Blogger noricum said...

I love banjo and the hat you made him!

Question for you... are you also interested in wool/cotton/nylon sock blends? If so, I could send you a bunch (let me know approximately how much of each colour you want/need) in return for an equivalent amount of the leftovers you don't want that I can add to my blanket. :) I'm not using the yarns with cotton in my blanket, because they feel too different. (I may decide to make a cotton blend one in the future, but I have no plans at present.)

 
At 11/13/2007 7:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could probably send you some of my leftovers. They're not very Christmassy colors either, but they are jewel tones. About how much yarn does a sock take?

 
At 11/19/2007 5:59 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

love the santa hat. if you're in need of more leftover sock yarn, let me know. I can send some your way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home