Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Good year

I had a birthday last week! That's part of the reason I haven't been posting much lately... all sorts of running around. Weekend before last I went home to celebrate with my family.

I got a big box.



What's this? (seriously, count the arms)



It's a swift! Squee!



Even better, this swift was the product of much scheming between my parents and my buddy Auntie Ann. Not to mention, it's a really sweet Mama Bear swift from The Oregon Wood Worker

When I got home I made cupcakes for my friends, but I am lazy and made them ice their own. The croissants really wanted to be in this picture too.



Oh, and notice that I'm wearing the Cherry Leaf shawl in the pics above. I LOOOOOVe it! I've never had a triangular shawl before, but I really like the way they hang on the shoulders. I bet one of those curvy Faroese ones would be even cooler.

I still hope to take better pics of it eventually, but i think this one shows the drape and the pattern reasonably well.



I was so bored with the (stockinette) Ravenclaw scarf and the (garter rib) camo socks that I had to start something interesting, for fear that my brain would melt. These are Cookie A's twisted flower socks, and they definitely got my brain moving again. Also, Louet Gems is such great yarn that, if I didn't think Dave would object, I'd marry it and have its babies.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 6/13/2007 1:04 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I *really* want to get some Louet Gems. The price is great, and it comes in a bunch of colors. I was wondering if it was nice to work with.

Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At 6/13/2007 1:32 PM , Blogger WineGrrl said...

Happy Birthday! Nice swift, too!

 
At 6/13/2007 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A swift?! Yay! I hope I'm as lucky on my birthday...

I love the color of your shawl. What yarn is that? (I could probably dig back in your archives, but I'm lazy.)

Happy birthday!

 
At 6/13/2007 2:47 PM , Blogger knitty_kat said...

HAPPY Belated Birthday!!

 
At 6/13/2007 3:38 PM , Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Your mom is pretty sneaky! Will you ever trust her again?

 
At 6/13/2007 7:50 PM , Blogger g-girl said...

well, happy belated birthday! what an awesome gift you received too. :) Your shawl looks lovely! ahhh, I've got some louet gems too but haven't used it yet..is it really that amazing??

 
At 6/13/2007 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like your family knows you well.

 
At 6/13/2007 10:36 PM , Blogger sherriknits said...

Happy Birthday, dear girl! I'm so glad you got a swift! You will love it. The shawl is sooo beautiful...after seeing it on you, maybe I need to try it, too.

 
At 6/14/2007 1:33 AM , Blogger Nell said...

Happy belated birthday!!

A swift?? I am sooo jealous!

 
At 6/14/2007 6:32 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Happy Birthday and I love your shawl....nice swift...

 
At 6/14/2007 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, the swift looks wonderful!

 
At 6/14/2007 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday! The shawl looks really nice, and I hear you on the Louet Gems love.

 
At 6/17/2007 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! Your shawl looks fab draped around your shoulders!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home